Pia Sandvik is the Chairperson of RISE Research Institutes of Sweden. Pia Sandvik has been a member of the Board of RISE since 2009. She was CEO of the insurance company Länsförsäkringar Jämtland and has previously served as Vice-Chancellor at Luleå University of Technology. Pia Sandvik has an MSc from Linköping University and is PhD and Associate Professor in quality management.
A few facts about Pia
• Pia Sandvik, born in 1964, Board Chair of RISE AB, board member since 2009.
• Previously President of Länsförsäkringar Jämtland. Prior to that she was Vice-Chancellor of Luleå University of Technology.
• M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from Linköping University, PhD and Associate Professor in quality technology.
• Board member of Länsförsäkringar AB, the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research, SP and Akademiska Hus, and member of IVA’s Business Council.
• One of four members of the Swedish government’s advisory board with the mission to strengthen Sweden’s new industrialisation.